Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hello World!

Hello! Emily here, finally getting off my duff (although currently sitting on it...) and starting that blog I kept meaning to start.

I love food blogs. Love them.

It might be an obsession.

Anyway, in this blog I intend to chronicle my cooking, baking, and possibly knitting adventures. I'm a (nearly!) 23 year old college student/code monkey, with a penchant for getting in way over my head, and an irritating desire to know everything. I've no illusions that anyone will actually read this, so it keeps the pressure low ;)

So why Oddly Domestic? Well, because I am. I've always been a bit of a smartass, a feminist, a lover of literature, oddly dressed, into music, movies, video games, coding, computers, etc. And I loved to sew. And bake. And cook. And knit. My mother used to tell me that for being so...me...I was oddly domestic. So, when it came time to name this new toy of mine, I thought it was fitting. 

I hope to start actual posts soon, and look forward to this whole blogging thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment